Sunday, September 30, 2007

Growing Update

Maddie is growing so fast and is taking in everything around her. She says so many things that I cannot keep up. She says "lap" as she touches your knee for you to pick her up and then says up for you to lift her up and down to let her hang upside down off your knee. She tells the dogs, "NO, NO", "STOP", "SIT" and "SPEAK." She loves to give them treats and will ask for them or go into the laundry room and get them on her own when no one is looking. She is handful. She loves to hide and say "see you" when she pops out from behind something. She loves being tickled and chased. My mom taught her a new game called, Run Run Stop. So you let her go outside and she yells "run, run, run" and you yell "stop" and she runs to you to catch her. She loves it! She also likes to pick up as many acorns outside as she can and let them fall down the slide. She sings her songs all by herself! She is growing so fast it is hard to believe she is almost 19 months.

Yesterday she had Matt and I speechless. Matt was cleaning the Suburban (go figure) and she wanted to get in the drivers seat. She stood up grabbed the wheel and tried to move the shifter. Then she turned on the car lights and liked that it made a beeping noise while they were on so she would turn them on then I would turn them off, back and forth. Then she noticed the mail box key in the console, she picked it up and put it directly into the key hole and tried to turn it. We were shocked that she knew how to do this. Matt wanted to see if she could get the real key in so he gave her the actual key and she put it in the slot and turned it enough to make the radio come on. She was so proud of herself! Matt and I now we have our hands full.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on her many new things! Sorry no pictures this time but I promise to add some more soon! Have a great weekend.

No comments: